The Solar Keymark
Solar Certification Fund: 7th call closed
Dear Candidates of the 7th SCF Call,
We acknowledge receipt of your applications.
We received many propositions and they will be reviewed by the SCF Steering Group. The final decision on the proposals that will be receiving funding shall be taken on the 8th and 9th of March 2016 by the Solar Keymark Network, during its next meeting.
Once a final decision is reached, you will be informed! Stay tunned!
More information: www.solarkeymark.org
The main quality label for solar thermal
The Solar Keymark was created to certify solar thermal products of high quality at European level. The aim is to reduce trade barriers and promote the use of high quality solar thermal products in the European market and beyond.
The Solar Keymark is a voluntary third-party certification mark for solar thermal products, demonstrating to end-users that a product conforms to the relevant European standards and fulfils additional requirements. The Solar Keymark is used in Europe and increasingly recognized worldwide.
More information on Solar Keymark Certification.
The Solar Keymark is a CEN/CENELEC European mark scheme, dedicated to:
- Solar thermal collectors (based on European standard series EN 12975)
- Factory made solar thermal systems (based on European standard series EN12976
The Solar Keymark was developed by the European Solar Thermal Industry Federation (ESTIF) and CEN (European Committee for Standardisation) in close co-operation with leading European test labs and with the support of the European Commission.
Information about the Keymark certification available from
Benefits of the Solar Keymark
What are the benefits of the SK for manufacturers
- simpler testing procedure
- one test valid for all European countries
- freedom of choice amongst the accredited test labs
- easier introduction of new products in different European countries
- simplified procedures for replacing components in certified products
What are the benefits of the SK for consumers
- high quality products
- guarantee that the product sold is identical to the tested product
- confirmation that products are FULLY tested according to the relevant standards
- eligibility for subsidies
Solar Keymark products
Solar Keymark News
The 20th Solar Keymark Network (SKN) meeting will be held on 8 and 9 March 2016 in Berlin, Germany.Read more...
- Read more...
The 18th Solar Keymark Network (SKN) meeting will be held on 10 and 11 March 2015 in Rome.Read more...
2 October 2014 – The International Code Council (ICC) and the Solar Rating & Certification Corporation (SRCC) have agreed in principle to join forces.Read more...
Brussels, 6 June 2014 – Solar Keymark stakeholders meet at Intersolar 2014 to celebrate the tenth anniversary and the successes of the certification scheme.Read more...