The Solar Keymark
The main quality label for solar thermal
The Solar Keymark was created to certify solar thermal products of high quality at European level. The aim is to reduce trade barriers and promote the use of high quality solar thermal products in the European market and beyond.
The Solar Keymark is a voluntary third-party certification mark for solar thermal products, demonstrating to end-users that a product conforms to the relevant European standards and fulfils additional requirements. The Solar Keymark is used in Europe and increasingly recognized worldwide.
More information on Solar Keymark Certification.
The Solar Keymark is a CEN/CENELEC European mark scheme, dedicated to:
- Solar thermal collectors (based on European standard series EN 12975)
- Factory made solar thermal systems (based on European standard series EN12976
The Solar Keymark was developed by the European Solar Thermal Industry Federation (ESTIF) and CEN (European Committee for Standardisation) in close co-operation with leading European test labs and with the support of the European Commission.
Information about the Keymark certification available from
Benefits of the Solar Keymark
What are the benefits of the SK for manufacturers
- simpler testing procedure
- one test valid for all European countries
- freedom of choice amongst the accredited test labs
- easier introduction of new products in different European countries
- simplified procedures for replacing components in certified products
What are the benefits of the SK for consumers
- high quality products
- guarantee that the product sold is identical to the tested product
- confirmation that products are FULLY tested according to the relevant standards
- eligibility for subsidies
Solar Keymark News
Brussels, 6 June 2014 – Solar Keymark stakeholders meet at Intersolar 2014 to celebrate the tenth anniversary and the successes of the certification scheme.Read more...
Brussels, 21 October 2013. Ten years ago, on 20 October 2003 the first ever Solar Keymark certificate was issued. 10 years later, the Solar Keymark is a success story, with around 2000 certificates for collectors and systems held by companies from 40 countries.Read more...
Brussels, 6 September 2013 - The eco design and energy labelling regulations for space, water, combi heaters and storage tanks were published today in the Official Journal of the European Union.Read more...