The Solar Keymark
Solar Certification Fund: 8th call launched
The Solar Certification Fund (SCF) launches today its 8th call for proposals to continue to provide regular and reliable support for (1) developing better and new Solar Thermal certification and standardisation processes, (2) ensuring quality assurance for tomorrow's solar thermal technology.
This new call has an indicative budget of 120 000 Euros and the final allocation will depend on the relevance and quality of the proposals submitted.
The main priorities of this 8th SCF call are extensive and include:
• The development of specific tools to improve the existing Keymark Certificate,
• Preparatory work regarding the broadening of the scope of Solar Keymark Certification
• Promotion and quality assurance of solar thermal technology and the Solar Keymark Certification.
The deadline for submitting proposals is Wednesday, 21st December 2016, 15h00 CET.
The main quality label for solar thermal
The Solar Keymark was created to certify solar thermal products of high quality at European level. The aim is to reduce trade barriers and promote the use of high quality solar thermal products in the European market and beyond.
The Solar Keymark is a voluntary third-party certification mark for solar thermal products, demonstrating to end-users that a product conforms to the relevant European standards and fulfils additional requirements. The Solar Keymark is used in Europe and increasingly recognized worldwide.
More information on Solar Keymark Certification.
The Solar Keymark is a CEN/CENELEC European mark scheme, dedicated to:
- Solar thermal collectors (based on European standard series EN 12975)
- Factory made solar thermal systems (based on European standard series EN12976
The Solar Keymark was developed by the European Solar Thermal Industry Federation (ESTIF) and CEN (European Committee for Standardisation) in close co-operation with leading European test labs and with the support of the European Commission.
Information about the Keymark certification available from
Benefits of the Solar Keymark
What are the benefits of the SK for manufacturers
- simpler testing procedure
- one test valid for all European countries
- freedom of choice amongst the accredited test labs
- easier introduction of new products in different European countries
- simplified procedures for replacing components in certified products
What are the benefits of the SK for consumers
- high quality products
- guarantee that the product sold is identical to the tested product
- confirmation that products are FULLY tested according to the relevant standards
- eligibility for subsidies
Solar Keymark products
Solar Keymark News
PRESS RELEASE - Solar Certification Fund: 8th call launched Fosters quality assurance for tomorrow’s Solar Thermal technology!
Brussels, 18 November 2016 – The Solar Certification Fund (SCF) launches today its 8th call for proposals to continue to provide regular and reliable support for (1) developing better and new Solar Thermal certification and standardisation processes, (2) ensuring quality assurance for tomorrow's solar thermal technology.Read more...
The 21st Solar Keymark Network (SKN) meeting took place in the island of Crete, Greece. Among the many points addressed in this meeting, several were related to the outputs of the work linked to the action plan previously approved.Read more...
- Read more...
The 18th Solar Keymark Network (SKN) meeting will be held on 10 and 11 March 2015 in Rome.Read more...
2 October 2014 – The International Code Council (ICC) and the Solar Rating & Certification Corporation (SRCC) have agreed in principle to join forces.Read more...