Following its successful proposal submission for funding under the EU Horizon 2020 Framework Programme, ESTIF is the co-ordinator of the new LabelPack A+ project. The kick-off meeting is scheduled to take place at the end of March 2015.
The 'LabelPack A+' project aims at providing support for a smooth implementation of the energy labelling of heating appliances, while boosting its impact. The focus is on the "package label" and its potential to promote the uptake of renewable technologies, in particular solar thermal, in combination with other efficient conventional technologies.
The project will address one of the main challenges posed by this particular energy labelling process in relation to other Energy-related Products: the issue of the package label by installers. To meet this challenge the industry, retailers and installers must be prepared, including the communication to the final consumer. Therefore, the main objectives of the project are to:
- Provide guidelines, as well as standardized answers to clarify the responsibility of each actor in the supply chain. These activities will, in particular, focus on installers and SMEs, who might be facing specific implementation challenges;
- Facilitate the exchange of product fiches and product related information on the format of equipment's databases, available to all the actors in the energy labelling process;
- Apply the energy labelling calculation methodology and make it available to all the actors in the supply chain in the form of a user-friendly online calculation tool;
- Develop and provide industry specific training material, especially focusing on the responsibilities' and roles of installers in the energy labelling process;
- Provide tailor-made information for end consumers, which will either be directly accessible by them, or used by dealers to explain the significance and added value of the "package label";
- Provide consolidated expertise on the energy labelling process to the Commission and national authorities, based on the experiences gathered on the pilot implementation in the participating countries.