Closing but not ending the FROnT projectDate: 17 Feb 2017
Category: Solar Heat News
The FROnT project led by ESTIF run from 01 April 2014 to 31 December 2016.
It addressed several topics such as:
- RES-HC technology and market development;
- End-user decision-making factors;
- Costs and prices;
- Strategic policy priorities and support schemes: good practices and recommendations;
- Reaching out to consumers: using multiplying effects
Developed several tools for consumers:
- RHC cost estimation tool
- Decision making tool
- Factsheets on RES-HC technologies
- Frequently Asked Questions about heating and cooling
Published documents and other resources:
- Final report and its executive summaries in 6 languages
- Strategic Policy Priorities for Renewable Heating and Cooling in Europe
- Key Success Factors for Renewable Heating and Cooling Support Schemes
- Costs of Heating and Cooling
- End user decision making factors for H&C system choices including a database
And made available a video and several infographics and interviews:
The project period has finished however the cooperation established and the tools developed in its framework will continue to be exploited. ESTIF and other partners will continue to promote the outcomes of the project, namely in meetings with members states, Commission or industry.
And the partners have also agreed to continue update the online tool for estimating the levelised costs of heating and cooling. Do not forget to check out this tool, available for free on the FROnT website.
ESTIF and the FROnT consortium would like to thank you for following its project activities for the past 33 months!